This kit is ideal for teacher led maple sugaring experience, homeschooling activity, or science fair project. Kit includes following supplies:
- Maple Sugaring Lesson Plan: Lesson plan for the maple sugaring process. Can be adapted for third grade through high school.
- Maple Sugaring at Home book: This guide provides step-by-step instructions (complete with pictures) to tap maple trees. Includes information on how to identify maple trees, how to tap trees, collection and storage of sap, uses for maple sap including how to make maple syrup, and frequently asked questions.
- 1 – 2 Gallon Aluminum Bucket currently out of stock (2 gallon plastic bucket will be substituted) is used to collect the sap as it drips from the spile
- 1 Metal Lid: Lids prevent rain, snow, and foreign material from entering the bucket.
- 1 Spile with Hook: Stainless steel spile (tap) is inserted into drilled hole to transfer sap into the bucket. Hook is used to hold the bucket.
- 1 Drill Bit: 7/16 drill bit with 3/8 shank used to drill tap hole into your maple tree.
- Cheesecloth: Used to filter any solids (such as pieces of bark) when transferring sap from the collection bucket to a storage container.
- Filter: 24″ X 30″ filter sheet to filter sediment from finished syrup. Durapure grade filter.
- 1 Bottle with Lid: Empty 12 oz. maple syrup bottle used to store finished syrup.
- Thermometer: Candy thermometer for making maple syrup. Instrument Range: 100 to 400°F / 40 to 200°C. Stainless steel housing with mounting clip
Free Shipping within US!